Recipe by Carol Bullock
This is a delicious recipe that I enjoy not only for breakfast, but anytime I'm craving comfort food.
Top Review by Gina Wilkerson
I thought it would be really good but the energy egg replacer was not right - made it really gummy. I will try again without it! The yeast is a bit overpowering for my tastes. It is hard to rate a recipe cause it is so subjective.
- 1⁄2 lb fresh tofu, mashed (waterpacked type, soft or medium)
- 1⁄4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 3 Ener-G Egg Substitute (dry)
- 1⁄4 cup soymilk (approx.)
- 8 ounces soy sausage, crumbled or sliced (I like Yves breakfast links)
- 6 ounces soy cheese, sliced or shredded
- salt and pepper
- English muffin, sliced and toasted (if you can find vegan ones, great! I've yet to find them, so I use sourdough toast.)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, mix mashed Tofu, nutritional yeast, Ener-G, and soymilk.
- Heat 1-Tbs.
- Add soy sausage, and sauté until golden.
- Add Tofu mixture, and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens somewhat, and resembles scrambled eggs.
- Add cheeze and stir until mixed/melted.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve piping hot over"buttered" english muffins.
- VARIATIONS: Add diced bell pepper, onion, mushrooms, etc.