Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is great because it's so versatile. As long as you have 1-2 cups of assorted veggies (bell peppers, tomatoes, avocado, leeks, mushrooms, carrots, celery, broccoli, etc.) you are good to go. I just put my favorites in here but feel free to experiment! The recipe came from Vegan on a Shoestring. It's a great way to use up any veggies that are in the bottom of your fridge before they go bad!
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (12 -15 ounce) package firm tofu, crumbled
- 2 cups finely chopped vegetables (celery, baby carrots, red bell pepper, avocado and broccoli)
- 2 tablespoons mild curry powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Saute onions in olive oil in a wok or frying pan, then add garlic. Cook until the onions are translucent.
- Add the tofu and cook it until it gets a little crispy (I never have achieve crispiness; I just wait until it is kinda dry).
- Then add all the spices (you might need to add a splash of water to mix the curry powder all around).
- Add the vegetables (except avocado, if using) and cook for five minutes.
- Add avocado at the end of cooking, otherwise it will mush up throughout the scramble instead of being chunky.
- Serve hot!