Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
A hearty meatless breakfast.
- 8 ounces tofu, cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oil
- 1 tablespoon onion, shredded
- 2 teaspoons carrots, shredded
- 2 teaspoons celery, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon salsa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat, add oil.
- Saute the vegetables until softened and golden.
- Add the spices and stir to combine.
- Add the salsa.
- Cut the tofu into small cubes and add to the vegetables and spices.
- Mash the tofu with the back of a wooden spoon, add salt.
- Stir and cook until hot.
- Softer tofu will take a longer time for the moisture to evaporate than firm tofu. But cook to your desired consistency.
- Season to taste.