Recipe by for the love of veggies
This salad can be eaten as you would egg salad on a pita, in a wrap, or on bread or toast or used as a veggie dip. The veggies add a great texture and flavor. Soy mayonnaise can be substituted, if desired.
- 1 lb extra firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Add carrot, bell pepper, onion, and parsley to food processor.
- Pulse or process until veggies are minced well.
- Drain tofu and press between towels to remove as much water as possible.
- Crumble tofu in large bowl.
- Add processed veggie mix, mayonnaise, nutritional yeast, and dijon mustard to tofu and mix well.
- Add sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Will keep refrigerated for three to four days.