That is Dr House to you's Note:
This is going to be a very Middle Eastern/Indian taste. I made it omitting the nutritional yeast because I didn't realize I was out. It doesn't have to be in a Pita. I stuffed lettuce wraps with it for a fresh clean taste and I also tried it in Lavash bread. It worked well in both.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces tofu, any type
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or 2 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Braggs liquid aminos or 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kelp powder (optional)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, snipped
- 2 tablespoons plain nonfat yogurt (optional)
- 1Mash tofu with fork. Note if you want to marinate it in a dressing or the like choose a pressable tofu and then after pressing marinate before this step.
- 2Stir in everything but the yogurt add the veggies after the others are well mixed.
- 3IF it is dry then stir in the yogurt to moisten and help hold it together. IF you are using Vegan, add a bit more Vegan mayo instead.
- 4Lightly toast the pitas halves in toaster or toaster oven. open the halves carefully into pockets then stuff.
- 5Use either the sprouts or lettuce or both. You may vary with other sprouts or veggies also.
- 6Note do NOT toast the Lavash or the lettuce leaves you use for wraps. The Lavash can be rolled, wrapped in plastic wrap, refrigerated over night then sliced into pinwheels.
- 7Lavash is also called cracker bread,lawaash, parak,Armenian cracker bread, lahvosh,lavosh, lawasha or naan-e-lavaash.
- 8My local Walmart Deli department sells it as Lavash.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tofu Salad in Pitas
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 322.0
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 1.9 mg
- Sodium 456.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 18.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Braggs liquid aminos