Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is for garlic lovers! Filling light lunch or summertime dinner.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard (the grainier the better)
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano or 1 tablespoon basil
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- salt and pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package firm tofu
- 1 medium carrot, finely diced
- 2 celery ribs, finely diced
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, finely diced
- 3⁄4 cup of raw almonds, chopped
- Whisk together dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Rinse and drain the tofu. Crumble into a medium bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add the dressing and toss to combine. Add the chopped vegetables and toss gently.
- Toss in the almonds just before serving.
- Serve chilled in whole-wheat pita pockets.