Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A fabulous protein based vegetarian salad.
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 14 ounces extra firm tofu, rinsed, patted dry and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 large cucumber, chopped
- Whisk canola oil, vinegar, honey, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, crushed red pepper and salt in a bowl.
- Place tofu and 2 tablespoons of the dressing in a large nonstick skillet.
- Cook over medium-high heat, turning every 2 to 3 minutes, until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes total.
- Remove from the heat; add 1 tablespoon of the dressing to the pan and stir to coat.
- Toss greens, carrots and cucumber with the remaining dressing.
- Serve immediately, topped with the warm tofu.
This is an excellent recipe, and one that I've made a few times now. I've opted to bake the tofu in some of the dressing rather than fry it, and it turns out perfectly. Adding a sliced green apple to the salad also gives it some zing.