1/1 Photo of Tofu-Roni
48 hrs 50 mins
The tastiest, least preservative-filled vegan pizza topping flavoured like meat I've ever had - homemade OR bought! This is fairly spicy, so modify the pepper flakes to taste
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 100 g extra firm tofu, drained and pressed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed, slightly crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked salt
- 1Slice tofu crosswise into thin squares or rectangles and place into a shallow dish.
- 2Combine water, soy sauce, liquid smoke, pepper, mustard seed, fennel seed, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, paprika and salt.
- 3Pour over the tofu, stir to coat well and refrigerate, covered, 24 hours (or up to 5 days), stirring partway through.
- 4Preheat oven to 310F and place a lightly greased rack on a cookie sheet.
- 5Remove tofu from marinade, place on the rack and mist with cooking spray.
- 6Bake for 50 minutes, until crispy.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tofu-Roni
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 91.2
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 681.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 9.3 g