Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Use this vegan ricotta as a substitute for the traditional dairy version when you make lasagna, pizza or stuffed shells and manicotti.
- 1 (14 ounce) package extra firm tofu, drained and crumbled
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast (or try 1 tsp. ground porcini for a change and omit the nutmeg)
- 1 pinch of freshly ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 tablespoon mellow white miso
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- In a medium bowl, mash all ingredients together with the back of a spoon until well combined.
- Use as you would dairy ricotta in recipes.