Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A healthy, great tasting and different salad, packed with protein and vegetables.
Make and share this Tofu Rice Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (16 ounce) package extra firm tofu, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional) or 1 tablespoon chili paste (optional)
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 1⁄3 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped broccoli
- 3⁄4 cup snow peas
- 3⁄4 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup sweet pepper, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- Marinate tofu in soy sauce, garlic, ginger and cayenne pepper for 30 minutes to 24 hours (alternatively, marinate in a favourite szechuan, teriyaki, or stir fry sauce).
- Whisk rice vinegar, olive oil, and pepper together.
- Steam broccoli and snow peas briefly until tender-crisp.
- Toss everything together and refrigerate until cold.
- (You can use any vegetables you like, just steam the harder ones to tender-crisp).