Recipe by Sharon123
From $40 A Day with Rachael Ray, this is yummy! Be sure to use a good salsa!
Top Review by donnaval
Loved it! We are currently trying out new tofu recipes because we started the pH Miracle diet, and it's all so new to us. I haven't been a big tofu fan, but this recipe could change that. I didn't have green salsa but used some homemade salsa and a bit of guacamole on an Ezekiel tortilla. We can't have corn or cheese on our diet. No problem--this was yummy. Thank you Sharon123!
- olive oil, to saute
- 16 ounces tofu, diced
- 6 cups diced mixed vegetables (onions, green and/or red bell peppers, zucchini, carrots, and mushrooms, or your choice)
- 2 cups salsa, green is best, but can use red
- 8 corn tortillas
- monterey jack cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a saute pan until good and hot, coat with oil, and saute the tofu and vegetables until al dente, about 6 to 8 minutes. Add the salsa and cook the mixture until it is hot.
- Serve the tofu ranchero over a corn tortilla and top it with shredded cheese. Enjoy! You may want to warm the tortilla in a hot skillet for about 10 seconds on each side, or keep tortillas warm in an oven on low heat, wrapped in a damp towel, to keep from drying out.