Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From $40 A Day with Rachael Ray, this is yummy! Be sure to use a good salsa!
- olive oil, to saute
- 16 ounces tofu, diced
- 6 cups diced mixed vegetables (onions, green and/or red bell peppers, zucchini, carrots, and mushrooms, or your choice)
- 2 cups salsa, green is best, but can use red
- 8 corn tortillas
- monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Heat a saute pan until good and hot, coat with oil, and saute the tofu and vegetables until al dente, about 6 to 8 minutes. Add the salsa and cook the mixture until it is hot.
- Serve the tofu ranchero over a corn tortilla and top it with shredded cheese. Enjoy! You may want to warm the tortilla in a hot skillet for about 10 seconds on each side, or keep tortillas warm in an oven on low heat, wrapped in a damp towel, to keep from drying out.
Loved it! We are currently trying out new tofu recipes because we started the pH Miracle diet, and it's all so new to us. I haven't been a big tofu fan, but this recipe could change that. I didn't have green salsa but used some homemade salsa and a bit of guacamole on an Ezekiel tortilla. We can't have corn or cheese on our diet. No problem--this was yummy. Thank you Sharon123!
Healthy & fresh ingredients, one-dish cooking and done in under 30 minutes- this deserves 4 stars! I used a jar of Trader Joe's Salsa Verde which was just under 2 cups and added in a bit of Mrs. Renfro's Jalapeno Green Salsa. This combo made for a very spicy, but good dish. The flavor all depends on the salsa you use so make sure you use one you like!
OMG...this is so good. I sneaked it past my meat loving DH & he liked it! I used zucchini, yellow squash, mushrooms and onions. I crumbled the tofu so he couldn't really i.d. it. Only had regular salsa but can't wait to try the salsa verde. Yummy meal!