Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my favorite recipe for sandwiches. The kids love it too!
- 1 lb firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons pickle relish
- 4 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 3 dashes dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons mustard (optional)
- Mash the tofu with a fork and add all ingredients together. Mix until well combined. Refrigerate.
- It is best if left overnight for the flavors to combine.
- Is great served on toasted bread with pickles and lettuce! Enjoy!
I was very impressed with the flavor of this recipe. I was worried about the tofu being mushy, but it turned out beautifully and mimicked egg salad fairly well. One word of caution: be sure you press the excess moisture out of the tofu well or your final product will come out a bit watery, which isn't optimal, but still tasty.
Great starting point! I had a little less than a pound of tofu that I pressed for about an hour to let out the excess moisture. Mashed with my potato masher and just put in a dash of this and a dash of that to achieve the flavor I wanted. Used all of the ingrediants except for the dill. I chopped some vidalia onions and used half mayo & half non-fat plain yogurt and extra sweet pickle relish just cause I love it. Taste great right of the mixing spoon but decided to wait to let the flavors blend. I'm going to attempt to feed this to the DH without telling him what it's made of! I may never have egg salad again!
This was SO good! I was trying to remember the recipe off the top of my head, so I left off the poultry seasoning and turmeric. I did add a dash of curry powder though. So good with whole wheat flax bread and sliced fresh tomatoes - thanks!