1/1 Photo of Tofu Pot Pie
1 hr 15 mins
Adapted from a recipe from "Vegan Planet" by Robin Robertson. it's super tasty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large all purpose potato, peeled and diced
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons tamari or 2 tablespoons other soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, dissolved in
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lb firm tofu, diced, frozen and thawed (freezing and thawing optional, but it improves the texture)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2/3 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/3 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1Cook potato and carrot in a pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 10 minutes, drain, rinse and set aside.
- 2Put stock and tamari in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, reduce to low and whisk in the cornstarch-water mixture, simmer 2-3 minutes, stirring until thickened, remove from heat and set aside.
- 3Heat the olive oil in a medium-size skillet over medium heat.
- 4Add the onion, cover and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- 5Add the onion to the potatoes and carrots and mix in the tofu, corn and peas.
- 6Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 7For the crust, incorporate the salt into the flour, add the corn oil and with 2 butter knives cut the oil into the flour until crumbly and well incorporated.
- 8Add the water and mix until it forms a ball. (if it's too crumbly, add water by the tablespoonful until it comes together. different climates affect flour differently.).
- 9Divide the crust in two and on a lightly floured surface, roll out each ball until it is slightly larger than a 2-quart casserole dish.
- 10Place one half into the casserole dish, and put the vegetables on top.
- 11Place the second crust over the vegetables and crimp the edges.
- 12Bake until the filling is hot and bubbly and the crust is browned, about 45 minutes.
- 13Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- 14p.s. someone asked a question whether to use silken or waterpacked. waterpacked/chinese-style is ideal, but it may still work if all you have is silken. or go ahead and omit the tofu altogether. it's an adaptable recipe.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tofu Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (351 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 846.7
- Calories from Fat 410
- Total Fat 45.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 853.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 22.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: