This is a vegan pot pit that my sister makes. It is absolutely delish! My toddler loves to eat it, and he is quite picky. The recipe is borrowed from The New Farm Vegetarian Cookbook.
- 59.14 ml flour
- 14.79 ml nutritional yeast flakes
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 473.18 ml firm tofu (cubed)
- 29.58 ml oil
- 236.59 ml onion (wedges)
- 118.29 ml celery (diced)
- 473.18 ml carrots (cooked) or 473.18 ml corn or 473.18 ml green beans or 473.18 ml edamame or 473.18 ml peas or 473.18 ml mushrooms (vegetables of your choosing)
- 118.29 ml flour
- 78.07 ml nutritional yeast flakes
- 59.14 ml oil or 59.14 ml margarine
- 473.18 ml water
- 14.79 ml soy sauce or 14.79 ml Braggs liquid aminos
- pastry crust (any unbaked pie crust recipe)
- Golden Gravy:.
- Toast Flour in a large pan over medium low heat until it smells and looks toasted. Remember to stir frequently.
- Stir in yeast and oil. Cook for a few minutes while stirring until bubbly.
- Add water and soy sauce, whisking until mixture thickens.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Can be made ahead and stored in refrigerator.
- Combine: flour, yeast, salt, garlic powder in a small bowl.
- Cut Tofu in 1/2" cubes.
- Toss tofu in flour mixture to coat.
- Heat a skillet with oil and saute tofu until lightly browned.
- can be made 1-3 days ahead and stored in refrigerator.
- Heat skillet w/ 2 T. oil cook onions until soft, add celery, tofu, and other vegetables of your choosing.
- Combine with Golden Gravy.
- Place filling in pastry shell and cover with pastry shell.
- Crimp edges of the two shells together and puncture the top crust to allow steam to escape.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes until top is lightly browned.