1/11 Photos of Tofu Pot Pie
1 hr 40 mins
This is a vegan pot pit that my sister makes. It is absolutely delish! My toddler loves to eat it, and he is quite picky. The recipe is borrowed from The New Farm Vegetarian Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups firm tofu (cubed)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup onion (wedges)
- 1/2 cup celery (diced)
- 2 cups carrots (cooked) or 2 cups corn or 2 cups green beans or 2 cups edamame or 2 cups peas or 2 cups mushrooms (vegetables of your choosing)
- 1Golden Gravy:.
- 2Toast Flour in a large pan over medium low heat until it smells and looks toasted. Remember to stir frequently.
- 3Stir in yeast and oil. Cook for a few minutes while stirring until bubbly.
- 4Add water and soy sauce, whisking until mixture thickens.
- 5Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Can be made ahead and stored in refrigerator.
- 8Combine: flour, yeast, salt, garlic powder in a small bowl.
- 9Cut Tofu in 1/2" cubes.
- 10Toss tofu in flour mixture to coat.
- 11Heat a skillet with oil and saute tofu until lightly browned.
- 12can be made 1-3 days ahead and stored in refrigerator.
- 13Heat skillet w/ 2 T. oil cook onions until soft, add celery, tofu, and other vegetables of your choosing.
- 14Combine with Golden Gravy.
- 15Place filling in pastry shell and cover with pastry shell.
- 16Crimp edges of the two shells together and puncture the top crust to allow steam to escape.
- 17Bake at 375 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes until top is lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tofu Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 279.9
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 606.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 11.2 g