Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A healthier sausage made with tofu and lean porc with a blend of spices & herbs that reminds of regular italian sausages. Enjoy!
- 2 lbs ground lean pork
- 1 lb firm tofu (you have to put it in the blender and shred it to obtain a "ground meat" texture)
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons black pepper (already grind)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (origan)
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes (or use 1/4 teaspoon of "Mrs. Dash" extra spicy)
- 1 teaspoon provence herbs (contains fennel seeds, rosemary, thyme, etc.)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- With your hands, mix all the ingredients together. Mix it very well. With your palms form about 30 small sausages (4-5 inches long). You can preserve them in your fridge for about 3-4 days or keep them in your freezer up to 1 month. It takes about 10-15 min to cook them in a non-stick pan.
- Bon appétit!
Made these little meat balls for BF so I left out the tofu. (he won't touch it with a 10 foot pole) Used all your spices and he like them very much. Simmered them in spaghetti sauce (after browning) and served over angle hair pasta. Thank you for sharing.