I was in a vocational school program when i met this nice korean that intruduced me to tofu. it looked like nuggets to me so i tried it...omg im glad i did!!! once he told me it was tofu i'm now hooked. you can add anything to this and its still great. he wouldn't give me the recipe so i just kept playing with it till i got it!!!, now i will share it with you....enjoy!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1open tofu packages drain the liquid and pad dry, making sure to squeeze aa much water as u can out of it.
- 2in a bowl, mash and mix together all ingredients till it looks like lumpy cookie dough.
- 3once oil is hot, drop in tablespoons in hot grease. try not to over crowd the pan or pot, because they will stick together.
- 4once browned drain on paper towels and enjoy!
- 5optional: These are great with duck sauce, you can buy some or use those many packets you have from take out -- yummy!
- 6vegetarian version: Omit the meat and add red and green peppers finely chopped.
Nutritional Facts for Tofu Poppers
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 217.9
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 216.2 mg
- Sodium 179.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 28.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: