Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Given to me by a close friend of the family who's mostly vegetarian. She says it tastes just like cheesecake that no one can tell the difference! Cooking time is an approximation as I have not made this yet and she included no time on the recipe card.
- 0.5 (8 ounce) package soft tofu
- 1 (3 ounce) box Jello gelatin (any flavor)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip (light, if you prefer)
- 1 ready-to-bake pie shell
- 1 cup boiling water
- Dissolve jello in 1 cup boiling water in a bowl. Cool in refrigerator until slightly thickened.
- In another bowl, mix tofu until smooth with mixer blender. Add lemon juice and thickened jello and HALF of cool whip.
- Pour into pie crust. Use remaining cool whip to top the jello mixture. Refrigerate until set.
To make Vegetarian use Vegetarian Jello. Other forms of gelatin including Jello contain meat by products.