Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Delicious, and healthy, (if somewhat unusual) cookie.
- 1 (12 1/3 ounce) package silken tofu
- 1⁄3 cup natural-style peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups old fashioned oats
- In a large bowl, cream Tofu, peanut butter, brown sugar and vanilla.
- Add flour, baking powder, oats and stir thoroughly.
- Drop onto cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.
I love these! super good- lots of flavor and great texture. thanks for posting such a unique recipe! I used light tofu, splenda and molassas rather than brown sugar, whole wheat flour, and 1/3 cup of carob chips.
Yum! Simple and very healthy. Love that there's no added fat. You'd never know these contained tofu. I should note that these do, in fact, taste "healthy." I love them, but two of my kids objected to the lack of fat and chocolate chips. I still have work to do with them :) Thanks for sharing the recipe! I'll make these again!
Very tasty, and easy. Does not have even a HINT of tofu taste! I added some pecans, and cinnamon. I do think it would be just a good with 2/3cup brown sugar.