Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
From Patricia Greenberg's "The Whole Soy Cookbook". Cooking time is chilling time.
- Blanch 3 peaches for 45 seconds in boiling water.
- Transfer the peaches to a bowl of ice water to cool, then peel, using a small paring knife.
- Cut the peaches into slices and place in a blender or food processor. Add the tofu and honey,then blend on high speed until the mixture is smooth, scraping down the bowl as needed.
- Divide the peach whip among 6 dessert bowls and chill for 2 hours.
- Slice the remaining peach and use as garnish, along with a mint sprig, for each bowl.
I'm always looking for healthy snacks to feed the family and this caught my eye. I made it as directed and then tried it before putting it into dessert cups. I decided to add 3 more peaches -- it still had all the protein benefits of tofu, but with a fruitier taste. I like the way the honey enhanced the dish without making it too "sugary" sweet. This is really good and I can't wait to serve it to my daughter-in-law, who is a vegetarian and always looking for new and delicious recipes.