Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I saw this on a TV show and KNEW I had to try it! I loved it so much I made it again the next day! I have posted the recipe as it originally appeared but I often use canned/frozen corn for ease and simplicity.
For the tofu patties
- 170 g tofu
- 1 slice white bread
- 1 egg yolk
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 pinch chili powder
- 3 tablespoons oil
For the sauce
- 120 ml double cream
- 1⁄2 cup sweetcorn, taken off the cob
- 2 tablespoons tarragon, chopped
- 1⁄2 vegetable bouillon cube
- To make the patties, grind the bread and tofu together in a food processor until well blended.
- Spoon into a bowl and add in the egg yolk, salt, pepper, spring onion and chilli powder. Mix well.
- Heat the oil in a sauté pan. Spoon the mixture onto the pan and fry for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- To make the sauce, heat the cream in a small saucepan.
- Add the sweetcorn and chopped tarragon.
- Crumble in the vegetable stock cube and stir through.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes to thicken the sauce.
- Serve with the tofu patties.