Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This pastry is pliable and easy to work with and an added bonus is it contains much less fat than conventional pastry.
- 250 g whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 90 g firm tofu, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon safflower oil
- 125 ml water
- additional flour
- Sift flour and baking power, making a well in the centre.
- Combine tofu and oil and add to the flour. Mix slightly slowly adding the water.
- Continue mixing until soft dough forms and then turn onto a floured surface and knead for 30 seconds only.
- Use immediately as a base for any variety of pies and flans.