Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Barbara Kerr Suitable for IBD, diabetic, vegetarian, vegan -- whoo-hoo!
- 8 ounces low-carb pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 6 tablespoons water
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons egg substitute
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups soymilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 cups broccoli florets, 1/2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1 cup extra firm tofu, drained and crumbled
- 1. Cook and drain pasta according to package directions. Rinse with cold water and place in a large bowl.
- 2. In a small cup, whisk together 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, water and egg replacer. Pour over spaghetti and coat well. Sprinkle with ___ teaspoon salt and 1/4 cup Veggie topping. Toss, coating all.
- 3. Put pasta into an 11-inch oiled quiche dish. Spread mixture evenly, forming a 1-inch rim around edge of baking dish.
- 4. Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees F. Pasta will begin crisping around edges.
- 5. Meanwhile, in a medium skillet heat 4 1/2 teaspoons olive oil. Add 3 tablespoons whole-wheat pastry flour and ___ teaspoon salt. Stir constantly until flour turns a medium brown.
- 6. Add soy milk and dill weed, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat and pour evenly around the bottom of the spaghetti crust, being careful not to get it on the sides. Smooth out.
- 7. In a large skillet, heat remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Add broccoli, red pepper, onion, tofu, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1 tablespoon of the Veggie topping. Stir-fry 4 or 5 minutes until vegetables and tofu begin browning.
- 8. Remove from heat and spoon into pasta shell. Warm through in the oven or microwave, and cut into wedges before serving.