Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Don't tell them it's good for them, as well as low fat! Fast and yummy!
Make and share this Tofu Parmesan recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb firm tofu, cut into 1/2 slices
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups tomatoes, crushed or diced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄4 cup grated low-fat cheese or 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese or 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- In fry pan, add 1 tbls oil, fry tofu slices till golden brown, drain on paper towels.
- Add the remaining oil and fry onion and garlic till tender.
- Add tomatoes and spices, simmer for 15 mins.
- Lay tofu in a baking dish, pour over tomatoe sauce, sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 mins, uncovered.
Just tried this tonight and it was soooo yummy! I made a couple of changes such as a little Mrs. Dash on the tofu as it drained on the paper towels, added mushrooms to the sauce and threw some fresh baby spinach on top of the tofu before adding the sauce and cheeses. Maybe next time I'll try some other veggie combination additions. This one was definitely a win though! Thanks!
This was awesome. Chicken Parmesan is my favorite dish ever, and after trying to tofu version I must say that not much has changed. My favorite thing to do is use three kinds of cheeses. Parmesan, Mozzarella, and Romano. I also prefer diced tomatoes as opposed to a sauce which I find more messy. Firming the tofu was easy as well with a press I got from TofuXpress. Great recipe!!
I followed the instructions directly and it didn't come out well. The taste wasn't bad but it definitely wasn't Caesar. I mixed it with some tomatoes and baked it on crusty bread and it came out nicely.