Recipe by Leona L.
Don't tell them it's good for them, as well as low fat! Fast and yummy!
Top Review by faith1966
Just tried this tonight and it was soooo yummy! I made a couple of changes such as a little Mrs. Dash on the tofu as it drained on the paper towels, added mushrooms to the sauce and threw some fresh baby spinach on top of the tofu before adding the sauce and cheeses. Maybe next time I'll try some other veggie combination additions. This one was definitely a win though! Thanks!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb firm tofu, cut into 1/2 slices
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups tomatoes, crushed or diced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄4 cup grated low-fat cheese or 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese or 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In fry pan, add 1 tbls oil, fry tofu slices till golden brown, drain on paper towels.
- Add the remaining oil and fry onion and garlic till tender.
- Add tomatoes and spices, simmer for 15 mins.
- Lay tofu in a baking dish, pour over tomatoe sauce, sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 mins, uncovered.