1/1 Photo of Tofu Nut Balls
1 hr 10 mins
This recipe is adapted from a cookbook called vegetarian creations. It is a big hit with meat eaters and vegetarians alike! Even kids love it. A great substitute for meatballs and they even look like meatballs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place oats and pecans in a blender or food processor and process until finely ground.
- 2Remove to a large bowl.
- 3Add garlic, sage, oregano, salt, pepper, and lemon juice to bowl.
- 4Process tofu and water in blender (or processor) until smooth.
- 5Add to bowl with other ingredients and stir until mixture holds firmly together.
- 6Shape into 1.
- 75 inch balls.
- 8Heat a little bit of olive oil in a non-stick skillet and skillet fry balls until reaching the desired level of brownness on all sides.
- 9Adding more oil if needed.
- 10Remove to brown bags or newspaper covered paper towels.
- 11Place in a baking sheet and bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until done in the middle.
- 12I sometimes skip this step and just flatten the balls slightly, so they will cook well on top of the stove.
- 13Yields about 16 balls.
- 14Serve over pasta cooked just al dente with some nice tomato sauce or as an appetizer.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tofu Nut Balls
Serving Size: 1 (609 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 88.0
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 38.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 2.8 g