Recipe by His daughter
These tasty nuggets are a favorite in our house. This recipe is from the Down To Earth Cookbook by Lacey Sher and Gail Doherty. They are simple to make and can be served hot or cold. We usually eat them with mashed potatoes and gravy. Leftovers can be used in sandwiches with mayonnaise. Prep time includes pressing the tofu for 1/2 hour. Enjoy!
- 28 ounces extra firm tofu, drained and pressed
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 3⁄4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon spike seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut tofu into 1 inch cubes.
- Place tofu in a medium bowl and pour oil and tamari over tofu; toss to coat.
- Sprinkle dry ingredients over tofu and toss to coat. The coating will be wet from the oil.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread tofu cubes out on sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, turning once during cooking to ensure even browning.