Recipe by Pikake21
This recipe is from "Eat more, Weigh Less", a cookbook by Terry Shintani, a doctor from Hawai'i who works with native Hawai'ians through the Hawai'i Health Program.
- 1 (10 ounce) package firm tofu, cut in 3/4-inch cubes
- 1⁄3 cup nutritional yeast (available at health food stores)
- 1 teaspoon spike seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 soy sauce or 1 1⁄2 tamari soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oil (olive or sesame, or cooking spray)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice or break tofu into approximately 3/4-inch cubes.
- Coat nonstick pan with oil or cooking spray and heat at medium-high.
- Add tofu cubes and brown.
- Turn heat to low and drizzle soy sauce on each piece of tofu.
- Add yeast, Spike, and pepper and toss, coating the pieces of tofu evenly.
- Cook until golden brown.