1/1 Photo of Tofu Nuggets
This is from Jessica Seinfeld's Deceptively Delicious. She says the taste fools her kids into thinking they are eating fried cheese or chicken nuggets. I haven't tried this, but am posting recipes from the book upon request.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the breadcrumbs, flaxseed meal, parmesean, and paprika in a small bowl.
- 2Mix the vegetable puree and egg together in a flat bowl.
- 3Slice or cube the tofu into bite sized pieces. You can use any shape you want, including cookie cutters. Sprinkle the tofu with the salt.
- 4Dip the tofu into the egg mixture, then roll in the breadcrumbs until the tofu is completed coated and you can't see the puree.
- 5Spray a large nonstick pan with cooking spray, heat the pan, then add the oil.
- 6Cook the tofu over medium heat 3-4 minutes to a side, being careful not to overbrown. Cook until the coating is crisp and golden on all sides.
- 7Note: the recipe for chicken nuggets is almost identical, but calls for using broccoli, spinach, sweet potato, or beet puree.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tofu Nuggets
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 274.7
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 47.6 mg
- Sodium 614.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 18.1 g