Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Healthy, low-cal tuna casserole, using the Shirataki tofu noodles.
- 1 (8 ounce) package tofu shirataki noodles, Fettuccine shape
- 1⁄2 cup 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 3 ounces albacore tuna, drained and crumbled
- 2⁄3 cup frozen baby peas or 2⁄3 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- cheddar cheese (optional) or breadcrumbs (optional) or parmesan cheese (optional)
- Drain tofu noodles. Using a scissors, cut them into 1-2" pieces. Parboil for 2-3 minutes to remove the "Shirataki" aroma from the noodles.
- Preheat oven to 375°F Spray a small casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. Mix the noodles, soup, tuna, peas, and seasonings together in the dish. Add breadcrumbs to top if using, and sprinkle with a bit more black pepper.
- Bake, uncovered, for about 30 minutes, until casserole is hot and bubbly.
- If you are adding cheese to the top, sprinkle it on about 20 minutes into baking.
this is very good - i used the whole can of cream of mushroom soup (healthy request), a whole bag of frozen peas, 2 cans of tuna...and left everything else the same...sprinkled crushed goldfish crackers on top before baking...i'll definitely be making this again