Prep 0 mins
Cook 3 mins
Grilled Japanese Tofu Kabobs anyone?
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons Braggs liquid aminos
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 16 pieces green onion tops
- 8 ounces baked tofu, cut into 16 (1-inch)
- cooking spray
- Prepare grill.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in pan, and boil. Cook 1 minute, stirring until sugar dissolves. Cool slightly.
- Assemble skewers:.
- Thread 1 onion piece onto a 10-inch skewer, 1/2 inch from one end of onion. Next a tofu cube. Then closely wrap onion piece around and over tofu cube; thread other end of onion onto skewer, 1/2 inch from end of onion. Repeat procedure 3 times to form 1 kabob with 4 tofu cubes and 4 onion slices. Repeat procedure with remaining skewers, onion, and tofu.
- Brush kabobs with brags mixture and then coat with cooking spray. [if you aren't avoiding fat use some oil brushed on lightly].
- Place kabobs on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 3 minutes on each side or until browned, basting frequently with the soy sauce mixture.