Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a great substitue for liver and onions. No one would believe this is tofu. My children loved it. I served mine with rice and broccoli. I put the gravy over all of it. It is wonderful.
- 14 ounces firm tofu
- 8 ounces mushrooms
- 1 onion
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- flour, mix
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- Drain tofu.
- Slice as thick or thin as you like.
- Mix your flour mix together.
- Drudge you tofu slices in flour tap off extra.
- Heat pan with enough oil to coat bottom.
- Cook until both sides are brown.
- Turn oven on 200
- Place cooked tofu in oven to keep warm.
- after tofu cooked leave brown bits in the bottom of the pan.
- Add mushrooms,onions,soy sauce, worcestershire sauce,capers,basi,garlic powder.
- Add at a little at a time of left over flour mix from the tofu.
- Start adding water to the mix to make a gravy.
- Stirring continually.
- Add enough water and flour mix for as thick or thin you like your gravy.
- When done the way you like.Take out the tofu slices. Cover with gravy.
This is a wonderful recipe. I found the recipe very easy to prepare. I served it with mash potatoes. Thanks for sharing.