1/2 Photos of Tofu Migas
Here is a vegan version of an old Mexican food favorite of mine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 0.5 (16 ounce) package lite firm tofu
- 1/2 onion (diced)
- 1/2 diced jalapeno pepper (you could use the whole pepper, depending on heat tolerance)
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons light margarine
- 2 tablespoons salsa (chunky, can also be substituted with a small fresh diced tomato and diced bell peppers, if you have)
- 3 corn tortillas
- cooking spray
- 1Ingredient Prep: Dice pepper and onion, drain and crumble tofu, and tear corn tortillas into 9 pieces each. Set ingredients aside.
- 2Spray a sauté pan with cooking spray and sauté onions until almost translucent.
- 3After cooking the onions almost completely, add the salsa, (or diced tomato pepper mixture), peppers, and spices to the pan, sauté on medium heat until onions are translucent.
- 4Add crumbled tofu, salt, and half of the margarine, sauté until all of the margarine is fully incorporated.
- 5Add tortilla pieces and the rest of the margarine, and cook until the tortilla pieces are softened and incorporated.
- 6Serve in a bowl with a side of salsa, or serve with cheese on top for a heartier version.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tofu Migas
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 69.5
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 250.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 4.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: