Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From International Recipes Web site
- 1 (14 ounce) package tofu
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup chopped parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup dry whole grain breadcrumbs or 1 cup corn flakes
- Drain tofu and mash.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Place in a loaf pan coated with oil.
- Bake at 350F for one hour.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with ketchup, BBQ sauce, and/or chopped parsley.
- When cold, can be sliced for sandwiches.
I used this recipe to make balls (ping pong size, 25). Grated the onion, added a big clover of garlic, some italian spices and omitted the persil. Yummy!
I made this with 16oz of extra firm "Italian seasoned" tofu and added 1 egg. The breadcrumbs were also "Italian seasoned". I spread a thin layer of 1/2 ketchup 1/2 honey barbecue sauce on top of the loaf BEFORE baking. Served it to my mom and husband, and both agreed it was the best "meat"loaf they had ever eaten. Adding the ketchup/bbq to to top before baking adds a real nice flavor to the loaf, the extra Italian seasoning via the breadcrumbs/tofu really kicks up the flavor, and the egg helps the loaf hold it's shape.