Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I admit to little knowledge of vegetarian foods & cooking, but this past X-mas DH & I gave food gifts to his family. 1 of his sisters & her family are vegetarian, so I was on a quick learning curve via the net to be certain our gifts were compliant. I did not make this recipe for them, but did save it for poss future use, was surprised to not find it here on RZ & decided to share it w/you. I hope it proves worthy. My source was: http://chinesefood.about.com.
- 4 ounces tofu
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind (grated)
- salt (to taste)
- black pepper (to taste)
- Puree tofu with 1/4 cup water, oil, lemon juice & mustard till smooth. (There was a note that "Using silken tofu will make it easier to blend.")
- Add grated lemon rind & season w/salt & pepper to taste pref.
- NOTATIONS: 1) 4-6 garlic cloves mashed with 1/2 tsp of salt can be added to this mix to make a garlic mayonnaise -- 2) You can experiment w/using less oil or more tofu (according to your taste) & you can also add finely chopped white onion or scallion to zip it up.