(The recipe calls for moong dal and masoor dal but just about any lentil will do)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup dry masoor dal
- 3/4 cup mung dal (red lentils, yellow lentile)
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (16 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce (or your favorite pasta sauce)
- 2 cups whole kernel corn
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans or 1 (16 ounce) can great northern beans, etc
- 16 ounces firm tofu, cut into small cubes
- 1Put dry lentils into boiling vegetable broth with tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- 2Reduce to low, cover, and simmer for 25- 30 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, saute onion, pepper and garlic with spices until softened. Add to lentils.
- 4Simmer for 20- 25 minutes.
- 5Wipe out saute pan, add a little oil and sautee tofu for five minutes, then add corn and saute for another 5 minutes -- add to soup.
- 6Serve hot!
- 7Great garnished with lowfat sour cream.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tofu-Lentil Chili
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 355.2
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 1.8 mg
- Sodium 1353.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.2 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 21.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: