1/1 Photo of Tofu Lasagna -- no noodles
1 hr 45 mins
This is a yummy vegetarian, lo-carb, lo-cal dish! It is really great for freezing in individual portions to take to work for lunch. I got the original recipe from CeeCee526 on Recipezaar but I've made a number of changes -- so I'm posting it as my own. Hope you Enjoy!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14 ounces extra firm tofu (press out liquid & slice very thinly)
- 1/2 cup textured vegetable protein (texturized vegetable protein)
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth (from boullion)
- 1 teaspoon fennel
- 1 jar pasta sauce (I use Prego mushroom)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon Molly McButter (approx 2 shakes) (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 8 ounces fat-free cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated
- dried chipotle powder (McCormick Brand) (optional)
- salt & pepper
- 1Press tofu under heavy weight for approx.
- 21 hour to remove the liquid-- will make thinly slicing much easier.
- 3Reconstitute TVP w/ hot vege broth-- let stand for 3-5 minutes then saute in olive oil in sauce pan to lightly brown.
- 4Add jar sauce to TVP and add fennel (for a hint of sausage flavoring).
- 5In seperate pan, saute spinach& mushrooms in oil-- add garlic, parsley, Molly McButter& salt/pepper.
- 6In a food processor, puree cottage cheese w/ egg substitute.
- 7Add sauted vegetables& process just to combine.
- 8Slice tofu thinly for use as"lasagna noodles".
- 9Start w/ a layer of sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
- 10Layer tofu slices (season each layer of tofu w/ salt, pepper& chipotle), vegetable/cheese mixture, more sauce and then grated mozarella.
- 11You should get about three layers-- end w/ mozarella on top Bake, covered at 350 for 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tofu Lasagna -- no noodles
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.8
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 24.4 mg
- Sodium 229.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 18.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
textured vegetable protein