Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Challenge your guests to discover the secret ingredients in this luscious lasagna. What's Cooking.Ruth Fremes
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 (796 ml) can meatless sauce (or homemade sauce)
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (500 g) packagemashed tofu
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 lb mozzarella cheese, shredded (2 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 6 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- Heat oil in large frypan, stir in mushrooms and garlic and sauté until softened.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce, wheat germ, salt and pepper and heat through.
- My favorite sauce is Prego.
- Combine tofu and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese in one bowl.
- Combine Mozzarella cheese and parsley in another bowl.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- To assemble spread a thin layer of sauce over the bottom of a 12 x 8 inch baking pan.
- Place 3 of the lasagna noodles over sauce.
- Spread half of tofu mixture over noodles evenly, then half of Mozzarella mixture.
- Spoon half of remaining sauce over, then remaining 3 strips noodles, tofu mixture, then Mozzarella mixture, and finally remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes or until cheese melts and dish is thoroughly heated through.
- Serves 6 to 8.
I made this last night for me and my boyfriend. He's not a tofu fan but we both LOVED this!!!!!!! I will be making this one a lot!!