Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1 (8 ounce) package lasagna noodles
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 1 cup tofu, mashed
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 lb mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Cook and drain lasagne noodles; set aside.
- Melt butter in large skillet. Add mushrooms, garlic salt and pepper. Cook until mushrooms are tender.
- Stir in sauce and wheat germ; heat through.
- Combine tofu and Parmesan cheese in a bowl.
- Combine mozzarella and parsley in another bowl.
- In a 9x12-inch pan, layer half of each of the ingredients: noodles, tofu mixture, sauce and mozzarella mixture. Repeat. Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.
I looooooved this recipe! My husband is not a fan of tofu. I didn't tell him that the lasagna was vegetarian. He didn't have a clue and even commented on how good it was.
I made this recipe for my boyfriend who isn't a dairy lover. I've suffered without being able to make Lasagna since he doesn't like the ricotta. I found this to be so darn close to the real thing that it curbs my craving and is something that makes him happy. Thank you so much for posting.
I made this last night and it was GREAT. Noone knew it was tofu until after I told them. I doubled the tofu and parmesan mix, because I like that layer thicker and I also added one sliced zucchini in with the mushrooms. Thank you very much. =)