Recipe by Beanies mama
According to msn.com, Kimchi is one of the '10 top healthy food you should eat but don't.' Tofu pizza dough with kimchi and bacon topping - as bizarr as it sounds, the ingredients are surprisingly complementary to each other. (I usually don't put in bacon.) If you are not too fond of kimchi try some other toppings, but at the least, try the dough. It is very healthy.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons flax seed meal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup silken tofu
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1⁄2 cup water, lukewarm
- 1 strip bacon, diced
- 1⁄2 cup cabbage kimchi, diced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, for brushing
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift dry ingredients (flour through salt) and set aside.
- Mix water and yeast and set aside for 5 min to proof.
- When yeast starts to get bubbly, mix in oil and the dry ingredient.
- Knead for about 10 minutes. The dough will be sticky.
- Cover and let it rise 2 hours or until doubled.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon and drain.
- Saute kimchi 3-5 mintutes and mix with bacon.
- When the dough is ready, roll it out on lightly floured surface.
- Put the dough on a baking pan.
- Brush with olive oil and layer kimchi, cheese, green onion, and pepper.
- Preheat oven at 350 and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes.