Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
We made this for a dinner we were having, our guests were vegetarian, they loved it. So now we don't buy ketchup anymore. Other guests who have had this recipe didn't know it had tofu in it..oops.
- 4 ounces soft silken tofu
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Process on medium speed until creamy.
I made this following most of the recipe, but substituted tomato paste for the sauce and I added some garlic powder, paprika and cayenne. I used 12 oz of tofu and one 4 oz can of paste. I think I will make it again later with sauce and paste, because it wasn't very tomato-y and it was very thick. I did like the flavor on the veggie burgers I made. I will definitely try again because I don't really like ketchup, but I did like this.
Tasted like tomato soup. Maybe some tomato paste instead?