Recipe by That is Dr House to you
By Debra Wasserman Use a different dark leafy green, dried fruit and or juice.
Top Review by Podkayne
I liked this a lot. I used turnip greens and golden raisins, and marinated the tofu in pomegranate juice (and a little honey, because the juice was pretty tart.) Oh, and I used a little grapeseed oil to brown the tofu and plump the raisins. The bitterness of the greens, tartness of the juice, and sweetness of the honey and raisins made a delicious combination. I served it over brown rice. My husband wasn't quite as nuts about it, but I'll definitely consider it a starting point for experimentation.
- 1 lb firm tofu
- 4 cups finely shredded kale
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain [press] and chop the tofu into 1 inch cubes.
- You can also marinate it overnight in your juice or favorite dressing.
- If you choose to use silken use extra firm and do not press but do drain.
- Saute in a large frying pan over med heat for 8 minutes.
- Serve warm.