Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Am posting this as per request. Haven't tried it but it looks very interesting! I know I could never try something like this here at the home for the residents. I couldn't even begin to mention the word tofu around here. mealsforyou.com. I don't even know how many servings! Marinating time nor refrigeration time have been included.
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 lb tofu, cut into 1 inch slices
- apricot preserves, for dipping sauce
- crushed red pepper flakes, for dipping sauce
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Process until smooth, adding a little water if necessary.
- Add next 4 ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Transfer mixture to a shallow dish.
- Add tofu and toss to coat well.
- Cover and refrigerate 10 minutes.
- Spread enough marinade to cover bottom of a large, heavy nonstick skillet.
- Add tofu to skillet.
- Spread remaining marinade over tofu.
- Cover skillet tightly and cook over medium low heat 15 minutes until tofu is cooked throughout.
- Serve with a dipping sauce of apricot preserves with crushed red pepper flakes.
- Serve with a Gewürztraminer, Sauvignon Blanc, or Chenin Blanc.
We really enjoyed the flavor of this marinade. Cilantro, lime, garlic and ginger .. what's not to like? I did not make the dipping sauce, and I left out the turmeric, as I didn't have any. The ONLY suggestion I would make to this recipe is to increase the marinade quantity several times, perhaps 3x. My tofu absorbed all of the marinade within about 10 minutes, so there was nothing to spread in the skillet. I used a little olive oil instead, and ended up making another batch of marinade to top the tofu. We greatly enjoyed this over basmati rice with Thai Flavored Coleslaw Salad on the side. And the bright green tofu was great fun!