Recipe by northernmom
I am often swayed into purchasing those Tofu and sauce combos at the supermarket and finally decided that the bold, sassy sauce/dressing packaged with the tofu is really all that I need to make this dish at home. This recipe from mealsforyou.com
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 lb tofu, cut into 1 inch slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a blender or food processor. Process until smooth, adding a little water if necessary.
- Add next 4 ingredients and mix thoroughly. Transfer mixture to a shallow dish.
- Add tofu and toss to coat well.
- Cover and refrigerate 10 minutes.
- Spread enough marinade to cover bottom of a large, heavy nonstick skillet. Add tofu to skillet. Spread remaining marinade over tofu. Cover skillet tightly and cook over medium low heat 15 minutes until tofu is cooked throughout.