Recipe by BelovedRooster
This recipe is loosely based from one provided by Rebar Restaurant in Victoria, BC. I haven't been there, or tried this yet, but the cookbook receives RAVE reviews on amazon.com. http://www.amazon.com/Rebar-Modern-Cookbook-Audrey-Alsterburg/dp/0968862306/sr=1-1/qid=1159824168/ref=pd_bbs_1/102-6607531-9980102?ie=UTF8&s=books
- 16 ounces firm tofu
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄2 lime, zest of
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dried ancho chile powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut tofu into slices 2"long by 1/2" wide.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small pot and bring to to a boil.
- Simmer for 5 min, remove from heat and pour over tofu. Marinade in glass bowl for several hours or preferably overnight.
- Pour off marinade and bake tofu slices for 15 minutes in 350 degree oven, basting with remaining marinade each five minutes.
- Serve over rice, or mix with noodles and remaining marinade.