24 hrs 20 mins
This recipe is loosely based from one provided by Rebar Restaurant in Victoria, BC. I haven't been there, or tried this yet, but the cookbook receives RAVE reviews on amazon.com. http://www.amazon.com/Rebar-Modern-Cookbook-Audrey-Alsterburg/dp/0968862306/sr=1-1/qid=1159824168/ref=pd_bbs_1/102-6607531-9980102?ie=UTF8&s=books
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut tofu into slices 2"long by 1/2" wide.
- 2Combine remaining ingredients in a small pot and bring to to a boil.
- 3Simmer for 5 min, remove from heat and pour over tofu. Marinade in glass bowl for several hours or preferably overnight.
- 4Pour off marinade and bake tofu slices for 15 minutes in 350 degree oven, basting with remaining marinade each five minutes.
- 5Serve over rice, or mix with noodles and remaining marinade.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tofu in Ancho Chile Lime Marinade
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 163.9
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 561.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 10.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
limes, zest of