Recipe by AuntWoofieWoof
This is a revision of a recipe I got from a grocery store. The original recipe was a little too spicy for me. The sample I tasted made my mouth hot! This is a milder version of that recipe. It is quite tasty. If you don't want it real saucy, cut the sauce ingredients down. Prep time and cook time is approximate. I have also submitted the spicier version of this recipe.
Top Review by Chilicat
This was sooo yummy! I like my tofu in smaller cubes (more surface area = more flavor!) so I cut them to 1/4". I have to admit I did cut the garlic in half when I saw how much 3 tablespoons really is - and I usually consider myself a garlic lover! This was a super quick dish to prepare, though, and the flavors were wonderful. I'll be making this regularly for sure!
- 1 (14 ounce) package soft tofu or 1 (14 ounce) packageregular tofu
- 2 tablespoons black bean garlic sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the tofu into 1/2 inch cubes and set aside.
- Mix the black bean garlic sauce, soy sauce and sesame oil together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Place a skillet or wok over high heat and heat until hot.
- Add the olive oil, swirling to cover bottom and sides of skillet or wok.
- Add the sauce mixture and cook, for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tofu.
- Stir gently and cook until tofu is heated through and covered with the sauce.