Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Make sure to have plenty of lime on hand, that really makes the recipe for me!
- 8 ounces firm tofu, drained & pressed (I use silken)
- 1 (15 ounce) can beans, drained (I usually use garbanzo, but great northren beans work too)
- 2 tablespoons tahini or 2 tablespoons peanut butter (it's good either way)
- 1 (1 small) can diced green chilis
- plenty lemon juice or lime juice
- 8 taco shells
- green onion
- tons salsa
- lime wedge
- 2 cups cooked rice (best if cooked in veggie stock!)
- Combine all of the ingredients at the top of the list in a food processor, and process until smooth.
- Heat the taco shells, and spoon tofu/bean mixture into shells.
- Garnish with veggies, and serve rice on side.
I loved this combination and first made it for some vegan friends who were also off wheat. Now, I make it for a dip and everyone loves it!