Make sure to have plenty of lime on hand, that really makes the recipe for me!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces firm tofu, drained & pressed (I use silken)
- 1 (15 ounce) can beans, drained (I usually use garbanzo, but great northren beans work too)
- 2 tablespoons tahini or 2 tablespoons peanut butter (it's good either way)
- 1 (1 small) can diced green chilis
- plenty lemon juice or lime juice
- 8 taco shells
- green onion
- tons salsa
- lime wedge
- 2 cups cooked rice (best if cooked in veggie stock!)
- 1Combine all of the ingredients at the top of the list in a food processor, and process until smooth.
- 2Heat the taco shells, and spoon tofu/bean mixture into shells.
- 3Garnish with veggies, and serve rice on side.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tofu Hummus Tacos
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 331.6
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 324.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 10.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: