Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe takes tofu to a whole new level for me! Eat it with some ranch dressing and celery and your good!
- 510.29 g tofu
- 118.29 ml your favorite hot sauce
- 236.59 ml flour
- 236.59 ml breadcrumbs
- 177.44 ml canola oil
- Take package of tofu and drain off water, place block of tofu onto a plate with a towel underneath to soak up excess water. Place a heavy dish on top of tofu to help push liquid out, let sit 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Start placing flour, hot sauce, and bread crumbs into seperate dishes.
- Begin slicing tofu however you like. I prefer 1x1 squares. Dredge tofu into flour, shaking off excess, coat with hot sauce, and then into bread crumbs. Repeat with hot sauce then bread crumbs again for an extra crispy coating.
- Place in hot oil being careful not to burn yourself. When the bottom has turned a nice brown, flip to other side. Place cooked tofu onto papertowel to drain. Serve with ranch dressing. YUM!
These were so good! I used Heritage Fare Chicken Wing sauce and Panko instead of bread crumbs. My husband loved them! They were more like fried cheese curds or jalapeno poppers than chicken wings, but absolutely delicious. Will definitely make these again.
A surprisingly easy hit with my vegetarian daughter. I made it when I made a batch of 'regular' hot wings, and she didn't feel left out. I made half using teriyaki sauce, which was my personal favorite. Using ranch and blue cheese dipping sauces adds a nice touch.
Oh man! I made these with Louisiana Hot Wing Sauce! So amazing! Delicious! I shared them with a bunch of people who hate tofu and they loved them! Instant favorite!