Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great tasting Greek Salad - Tofu is a very versatile source of protein.
- 1 English cucumber, unpeeled & cubed (1/2 "inch" cubes)
- 2 medium tomatoes, cubed
- 1 green sweet pepper, cubed
- 1 medium red onion, chopped finely
- 118.29 ml parsley, chopped
- 473.18 ml feta cheese, save some to garnish the salads
- 236.59 ml black olives, pitted & sliced
- 1 package sunrise soft tofu
- 59.14 ml red wine vinegar
- 78.07 ml olive oil
- 2 clove garlic
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 4.92 ml dried basil
- 2.46 ml sugar
- salt & pepper
- In a food processor blend all the dressing ingredients until smooth.
- Mix all the veggies together in a bowl and some of the feta cheese.
- Toss the veggies with the dressing.
- Garnish with the remaining feta.
- Chill and serve.
This is such an awesome salad and what makes it over the top is the dressing. I decided to make this on a bed of lettuce and then mix all together w/the other veggies listed. I used gorgonzola in place of the feta and a sweet onion in place of the red. I made the dressing the day b/f to let the flavors come together b/f serving the next day. Since making this for just myself I decided against cutting back on the dressing ingredients as I want to be able to use the dressing for quite a few meals. I"m so glad I did. :-)
Made for The Big Fat Greek Tag game in KK's forum.